Today while I was sitting in lunch, Syd, one of the special kids, was waiting to talk in the microphone and tell every time that it was time to clean up. I made a connection to this because Syd reminded me of Lenny in the book
Of Mice and Men. Lenny always had an animal that would always make him happy, well everyday when Syd tells everyone to clean up, she always gets this huge smile on her face right after. So Lenny and Syd both had something that made them happy and they would do anything to either to tell everyone or get an animal to pet. When I got home after dance practice, I did the laundry for my mom and that connects to science because I added bleach to the load and in bleach, it changes from double bonds to a single bond. Then it alters optical properties of the molecule, which makes it colorless.
Day 11
Today I cooked dinner for the family, while I was cooking I had to cut up an onion, the onion relates to chemistry because when you cut an onion, you break cells, releasing it's contents. Amino acid sulfoxides form sulfenic acid and enzymes that kept separate become free and mix's with the acids that produce another chemical. This chemical reacts when it hits the tears in your eyes, which then creates that burning sensation everyone tries to avoid. My dad took me to help him plow all the snow we got, if it wasn't for our GPS we wouldn't have been able to three of my dad's new clients and we would have gotten lost. That relates to geography because without maps of places we could get lost driving on vacation, drving to a new friends house, or if a family member moved.
No comments:
Post a Comment